1- Provide a universally supported cloud storage solution with the built in administrative tools for IT members to help monitor, control sharing permissions and support advanced security features.
2- Leverage a storage solution integrated with thousands of apps which provides anytime anywhere access with cross device synching support for any types or sizes of files on a global network.
To help you achieve the goals for the Dropbox for Education pilot we will need to do the following:
- Assess hardware and software, system design, integration with existing infrastructure and procedures (for training, scheduling, system management, and maintenance)
- Test Dropbox sync application on all platforms (OSX, Windows, Linux, IOS) in dissimilar locations (e.g., in terms of RM and IT support delivery) for functionality, usability, and benefits derived from using Dropbox for education vs Duke Box
- Test Dropbox web based application for compatibility and performance with different browsers in both Mac OSX and Windows operating systems
- Test how the DropBox for education application operates in your departments/areas/environment (technical architecture/infrastructure and work processes)
- Test procedures and workflows for administrative staff versus faculty with outside collaborators
- Test and document integration of supported applications and university wide services (i.e. Sakai, iOS apps)
- Validate security requirements and performance expectations