The Scalable Computing Support Center is a service and support center that will connect Duke University researchers to hardware, software, educational, and personnel resources, both local and global, to enable novel computational science. We will leverage the parallel computing facilities already in place at Duke, help build out the computational infrastructure to handle future work-loads, foster the development of scalable applications, and assist in the training of parallel-aware researchers.
As of July 1, we are offering three new services in place of the "old" DSCR - the Condo service will be the most similar to the way the DSCR operates today, the Cloud Service will offer pay-per-use, high-priority access to computational resources, and the Fog Service will offer pay-per-use, low-priority access. For more information, see the Service Descriptions page.
- DSCR - documentation for the Duke Shared Cluster Resource, including FAQ
- BDGrid - documentation for the Blue Devil Grid and Blue Devil GPU Cluster
- Alternative Computing Platforms- GPUs, FPGAs, other microprocessors all may be useful for certain fields of research
- General Programming information - basic information on how to build programs, debug and trace the operation of your application, and optimize your code
- Training- seminars and workshops for scalable computing techniques
- Check out OIT's training sessions as well: http://www.oit.duke.edu/comp-print/training/index.php
- Consulting- we provide 1-on-1 consulting, both short- and long-term
- Visualization - stubs for visualization resources
- FAQ - frequently asked questions
- Contact Us - email, phone, and directions to our facility
Check the SCSC blog for HPC news and information -- http://sites.duke.edu/scsc/
DSCR outage update
Update 11:28 A.M. 2/25/2014 Most DSCR functions related to the recent outage have been restored. The dscr-login-01 and dscr-login-02 node are online and all except 33 compute nodes are accepting jobs. Additional details are here: http://oit.duke.edu/service-outages/details.php?id=4099
Better hurry! Deadline is on Sunday, January 19!
Calling all Duke students: There are just a few days left to put together a submission for the 2014 Student Data Visualization Contest. If you’ve created a chart, a graph, a map, or some other creative visual representation of data – for a class, a research project, or just for fun – you could be […]
New opportunities: Blue Waters internships and graduate fellowships / ICCS deadline extended
Some fresh opportunities: Blue Waters Student Internship Program Now Accepting Applicants Blue Waters Student Internship Program is actively seeking faculty and students to participate in year-long student internship opportunities. Students in the program will gain experiences involving the application of high-performance computing to problems in science, mathematics or engineering. The program provides a student stipend for […]
DSCR is under Maintenance — Tues-Thurs — RESOLVED
The DSCR Maintenance window is now finished; the DSCR is back to normal operation The DSCR is now under it’s previously-scheduled maintenance window. We expect to update almost every cluster component — storage, network, compute-servers — so it may take until Thursday before the system is ready. We’ll make another announcement as soon as it […]
DSCR Maintenance — Sep 24-26th — Full Outage
**** DSCR Maintenance **** Tuesday, September 24th/8am to Thursday, September 26th/5pm **** Full Cluster Outage — All jobs will be removed We need to perform our regular quarterly maintenance on the DSCR as well as some firmware updates to the file servers, core switch, and many of the Dell chassis. We also need to have […]