There are times when it is necessary to enroll or re-enroll a computer into Casper. Please follow the below steps to complete this task.
The first method enrolls the computer directly from the affected computer.
- Open Safari from the computer. Navigate https://casper.trinity.duke.edu/enroll
- Enter your NetID and password. Click "Log in".
- If the device will be associated to a user, enter their NetID and click the search glass button to the right of the field.
- Select the site from the drop down list, making sure "DU - Trinity Technology Services" or the appropriate site is selected. Click "Enroll".
- Click the "Enroll" button and download the "QuickAdd.pkg" package.
- Install the downloaded package. After installation, the webpage will refresh and say "Enrollment complete".
This second method enrolls the computer using "Recon.app" in the Casper Suite from a management workstation.
- On the computer to be enrolled, retrieve the IP address. We will use it in Step 3. Open System Preferences > Sharing, make sure "Remote Login" is checked (enabled). NOTE: There may be no users listed, but that is because the list is controlled via Command Line.
- Open "Recon.app" from the Casper Suite folder in Applications. Log in with your NetID and password.
- Click the "Remote Enrollment" option from the left sidebar. Enter the IP address in the appropriate field. Enter the "override" credentials for the Management Account fields.
- Click Connect. Computer will attempt to connect to the workstation to be enrolled.
- On the following screen, name the computer appropriately. Select the site from the drop down list, making sure "DU - Trinity Technology Services" or the appropriate site is selected. Click "Enroll".