How can I request computer support for CCN?
You can submit a ticket through the web form here.
One of our support team members will contact your ASAP.
How can I access my workstation from home?
Your workstation has to be properly configured for remote access. If your workstation has never been setup for such purpose, please contact CCN computer support team.
Once your workstation at CCN has been configured. Take a note of your workstation's IP address. You can then use VPN client at home to initiate a connections every time you try to connect to your workstation. Here are the instructions for Windows machines:
- Visit the Duke Web VPN site.
- Enter your NetID and password and select Library Resource Only. Click on login. If you cannot logon, please visit http://duke.edu/online to reset your NetID password.
- If this is the first time you try to use Web VPN, you will be prompted for installing the client. Follow the instructions to finish installing the software. Repeat step 1 and 2 as needed.
- Click on Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Remote Desktop Connection to run Remote Desktop Connection. Note that this shortcut is for Windows XP. For Windows Vista and above, just search Remote Desktop Connection to invoke it.
- Enter the IP address of your workstation and use your CCN network account to log on.
For Mac workstations, several people have used a third party service called LogMeIn to access them from home. The company's web address is https://secure.logmein.com/. Click on LogMeIn Free for more information about this service.