Search terms: I've not found consistent search terms that narrow in on the kind of material you're seeking. A few to try:
Keyword search for: mission* and emerg*
Keyword search for: mission* and rural
Subject search for: mission of the church
You can also conduct a search using the names of churches you'd like to know more about---sometimes those articles will point toward other churches to look into. In addition, some of these churches have well-established websites, or you could contact them directly.
You might also try using the keyword: missional, although that retrieves articles that are more theoretical than practical. If you're interested in theory about missions, however, it might be a good search.
A few articles that may be of interest from the ATLA Religion database:
1. Ministry in the rural context: "maintenance ministry" or maintaining the mission? By: Schlecht, Randall. Source: Word & World, 26 no 3 Sum 2006, p 319, 321. Publication Type: Article
2. Mission in secular and postmodern contexts. By: Matthey, Jacques (Editor). Source: International Review of Mission, 92 no 364 Ja 2003, p 1-115. Publication Type: Article
3. Worthy living: work and witness from the perspective of missional church theology By: Guder, Darrell L.. Source: Word & World, 25 no 4 Fall 2005, p 424-432. Publication Type: Article
Search terms: Using mission* and emerg* as keywords is the search that produced many of these results. Again, you can also search by church name - Church of the Saviour and Glide Memorial United Methodist Church each have their own subject headings, for example.
Wilkes, Paul, 1938- Excellent Protestant congregations : the guide to best places and practices / Paul Wilkes. Louisville, Ky. : Westminster John Knox Press, c2001.
Location: Divinity School Library: Stacks | BX4805.3 .W55 2001
2. Wilkes, Paul, 1938- Excellent Catholic parishes: the guide to best places and practices / Paul Wilkes. New York : Paulist Press, c2001.
Location: Divinity School Library: Stacks | BX1407.P3 W55 2001
3. Frost, Michael, 1961- Exiles : living missionally in a post-Christian culture / Michael Frost. Peabody, Mass. : Hendrickson Publishers, 2006.
Location: Divinity School Library: Stacks | BR115.P74 F76 2006
4. Hirsch, Alan, 1959 Oct. 24- The forgotten ways : reactivating the missional church / Alan Hirsch. Grand Rapids, Mich. : Brazos Press, c2006.
5. Avis, Paul D. L. A church drawing near: spirituality and mission in a post-Christian culture / Paul Avis. London ; New York : T & T Clark, 2003.
6. Guder, Darrell L., 1939- The continuing conversion of the church / Darrell L. Guder. Grand Rapids, Mich. : W.B. Eerdmans Pub., c2000.